Do I Have a Problem?
Many who struggle with addiction to drugs and alcohol don’t not think they have a problem. Often times it takes a concerned friend or relative to point out that someone has been using and abusing drugs and alcohol. Here are a few questions you can ask yourself to get a better idea of your substance use habits.
Make sure you are as honest with yourself as possible. We know it is not easy to ask for help, but we would like to help you put the pieces of your life back together.
- Do you find yourself using drugs or drinking alcohol every day?
- Have you ever been absent from work because of your use of drugs or alcohol? Perhaps you had to make a drug run or forgot what time it was?
- Do the people you primarily hang out with also use drugs and drink alcohol every day?
- Have you ever tried to get high by taking prescription drugs?
- Have you tried to stop drinking or using drugs in the past then found yourself returning to them because you couldn’t live without it?
- Have you ever drank so much or taken enough drugs to cause you to black out?
- Have you ever found yourself apologizing the next day for the way you acted while under the influence of drugs or alcohol?
- Do you ever drink or get high when you are alone?
- Have your friends or family members ever confronted you about your excessive use of drugs or alcohol?
- Has your use of drugs or alcohol caused you to stop doing the things you enjoy?
- Do you wake up in the morning already craving to take drugs or drink alcohol?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, you may be suffering from a drug or alcohol addiction. If you are able to answer ‘yes’ to most of these questions, you probably need assistance in overcoming your addiction. Make the decision to call us today at (863) 666-0392. We want to help you through your journey to a successful recovery.